PogoCam and the smart case work with your computer like any camera or external drive. You can transfer videos and photos to your computer once you connect via the USB. You can connect the smart case OR the PogoCam itself to a computer with the USB cable.
Once you switch on the case or camera, your computer should recognize it as an external drive. Look for the DCIM folder. All your videos and pictures will be in there. You can drag them to your computer and once you’re done, you can delete them out of the DCIM folder to clear your camera or case. (If you do that, make sure to empty your trash before you eject the case or camera.)
Here is the step-by-step:
- Connect your PogoCam to your smart case and switch the case on to transfer all images to the case
- Plug the USB cable included with your PogoCam into the case and into your computer
- Your computer may automatically launch a Finder window (Mac) or My Computer window (PC) but if not, you can open Finder or My Computer to see the case docked as an external drive
- Open the case in Finder or My Computer and then open the DCIM folder
- Drag all the files you want onto your desktop or into your preferred folder. Photos are .JPG files and videos are .AVI.
- Once you've moved everything from the smart case or PogoCam, you may delete the files from the smart case or PogoCam.
- If you delete the files from the case or camera, remember to empty your trash before unplugging the case or camera.
- Eject the case or camera like you would an external drive.
- If you leave the camera or smart case plugged into a USB port of a computer, it should recharge.
You can use the PogoCam app to delete all the files from the smart case to clean it up. Once the photos and videos are on your computer, you can edit them, email them, share them on your favorite social network, or whatever you please!